cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X-25M Issues

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Just bought an Intel X-25m SSD. Installed Windows 7 64-bit and everything seems to be running fine.

I downloaded and installed the Intel SSD Toolbox and I it was reporting "error connecting to drive".

The drive seems to be running fine. TRIM is enabled in the OS and defrag was automatically turned off

Now when I run AS SSD the drive is shown running the pciide driver. My motherboard doesn't have any settings for IDE/AHCI/SATA modes (mobo motherboard info linked below).

Is there any way to get this drive running like it should be? The performance isn't stunning (look at the numbers below).

PC Specs

Biostar TForce TF570 SLI

AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+

BFG GeForce 8800 GTX OC

4096MB PC6400 DDR2

Intel X-25M 80GB SSD

12 REPLIES 12

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

The new motherboard uses an AMD chipset. I thought the Intel drivers required the chipset to be Intel brand? Is there a way to get the Intel version installed? Which driver version do you recommend?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I didn't know your new motherboard was an AMD chipset. In that case, the only driver I know for you would be default msahci.sys from Windows 7. You could ask at an AMD forum and possibly get some other suggestion.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

hey!

i just want to ask if my postville 80gb performs how it should?

i'm using the latest intel 9.6.0.1014 drivers, ahci is set in bios

my system: asus n71jq, core i7 720qm, 4gb ddr3, win7 64bit

only 20gb of the 80gb are in use...

here are the results (plugged in and with the high performance profile):

i don't know if some energy saving settings decrease the performance of my ssd?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Your 4K Read and Write looks bad. Now that might be due to configurations, such as BIOS. CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E) disabled yields better results. Your motherboard may have C1, C2, C3, etc. I really need to check into that further. I assume you have Disk Defragmenter turned off for your SSD.

It is also possible you may need to run the Optimizer from SSD Toolbox one time. There could be something else going on with your setup. But, let's take it step by step.

Here is a picture of what I get with AS SSD shown below.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

One other thing, do you have the latest TRIM firmware 02HD?