cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X-25M Issues

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Just bought an Intel X-25m SSD. Installed Windows 7 64-bit and everything seems to be running fine.

I downloaded and installed the Intel SSD Toolbox and I it was reporting "error connecting to drive".

The drive seems to be running fine. TRIM is enabled in the OS and defrag was automatically turned off

Now when I run AS SSD the drive is shown running the pciide driver. My motherboard doesn't have any settings for IDE/AHCI/SATA modes (mobo motherboard info linked below).

Is there any way to get this drive running like it should be? The performance isn't stunning (look at the numbers below).

PC Specs

Biostar TForce TF570 SLI

AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+

BFG GeForce 8800 GTX OC

4096MB PC6400 DDR2

Intel X-25M 80GB SSD

12 REPLIES 12

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

the latest firmware is installed, the defragmenter is turned off and the ssd hast just been optimized with the toolbox...

my system is a laptop, so there are no "advannced" bios settings as c1-3 options

are there any tools which check the c-states of the cpu?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

The problem may be that you're using a Laptop. I am not familiar with Laptops, but I have seen quite a few people with issues using a Laptop with regard to speed. Does your Laptop support SATA 2 or is it SATA 1?

The BIOS is where you would find C1, etc.

If your Laptop is/supports SATA 2, I suggest you start a new thread with Laptop in the subject title so that those with Laptops can provide help.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

my problem moved to an own thread http://communities.intel.com/thread/12840 (it supports sata2)

thank you for trying to help me!