cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X230 laptop incompability with Intel Pro 2500 Series 20nm 180G SSD.

CTran6
New Contributor II

Hi every one.

I have a thinkpad x230 laptop.

I upgrated to use SSD model Intel Pro 2500 Series 20nm 180G.

I have updated all intel driver for laptop and lenovo driver. I also update firmware for these SSD.

But it alway hang and stop working.

After restart, the error message is "2100 detection error on hdd0(main hdd)"

How can I fix this problem.

Thank you so much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

CTran6
New Contributor II

thank everyone for support me.

I send to the shop to check. They said that the ssd has errors.

So they give me another one.

Thank you again.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

JosafathB_Intel
Valued Contributor
Hello CTran6, Thank you for contacting Intel® Memory & Storage Support. As we understand you need assistance with your Intel® SSD Pro 2500 Series, if we inferred correctly please provide us with the following information: • We will like to know if you were able to check the compatibility of your Intel® SSD Pro 2500 Series with your Lenovo* PC. If not we advise you to contact your original equipment manufacturer to discard any incompatibility o hardware limitation. • We will like to know if you are able to test your SSD on another PC. If you are able to access your operating system we will appreciate if you can provide us with the following information. • The SSU logs. 1- Go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- and download the software. 2- When finished downloading it, open it. 3- Attach the file obtained to your reply. • A screenshot of the “Disk Management” of windows showing all your HDDs and partitions (this to have a better view on how your SSD is detected by the OS) We will be looking forward to your reply. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation

CTran6
New Contributor II

I have attached the file that you required.

Thank you so much.

JosafathB_Intel
Valued Contributor
Hello CTran6, Thank you for your reply. Based on the information provided we do not notice any issue with the SSD in order to discard any hardware problem we will appreciate if you can provide us with the following information: • The SMART details.CSV file (SMART logs) from your Intel®SSD. Please refer to the “IntelSolidStateDriveToolboxUserGuide.pdf” (https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/memory-and-storage/IntelSolidStateDriveToo...) section 3.2 you can find the instructions on how to get this file. • We will like to know if you have contacted Lenovo* regarding the error you receive since this seems to be more related to your PC detection of the drive that to an issue of the SSD itself. We will be looking forward to your reply. Best regards, Josh B. Intel® Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation

CTran6
New Contributor II

Hello Job B.

I have attached the file exported from my PC.

Please help me to check.

Thank you.