cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X25 G2 fail after firmware update and Vista x64

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

On 26 as many users i did the firmware update on both of my x25m G2. I have win Vista x64 installed and after the update all worked fine. After two days (28 October) when i powered on my PC i saw the disk read error and the rest followed (smart went bad etc.). So it is not Win 7 related problem as i only have vista and 2 intels went bad after flashing them. It is exclusive the firmware's fault that bricked our ssds and still no word from Intel whether they will release soon a new firmware that will fix the problem or we should RMA immediate the drives (althought there is no stock, at least here in Greece to send us back).

6 REPLIES 6

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Did it break only after multiple successful reboots?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

no.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

for some strange reason Error Scan in HD Tune Pro indicates that all blocks are ok and none damaged.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Did you have the optimizer scheduled, or did you run it manually more than once? When you learned of the issues in Win7, did you disable the optimization schedule or did you continue to let it run?

Also - was your partition aligned or misaligned? The former would be the case if Vista created that partition; the latter would be the case if it "inherited" the partition from XP.

There's a theory that the issue is caused by optimization, and specifically only on machines that have misaligned (legacy XP) partitions. Now it's a matter of looking at those people who had failures to see what their settings were. There's a poll in these forums about that.