cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X25-M 160 G2 - Raid-0 Slow?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Got 2 new X25-m 160GB G2's new, installed them on Dell SAS 5iR in Raid-0

Not sure whats going on though, I suspect the SAS 5iR card and/or stripe size is causing the slowness Raid-0 64kb strip (not sure if there is an option to change this) 2 benchmarks First - Immediately taken after first boot - This is what I was expecting to be the norm. --

Second - Taken next day, only real change was a couple installs -- This is what I get now as the norm

Any opinions? How could performance drop in the course of a day? I don't know what the heck is going on here. I know the speeds are way under par. If I can't change the stripe size using the SAS card, what RAID card should I get? I would like to keep the raid-0 even (I am aware of the Trim dilema here)
5 REPLIES 5

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

It is great to see your performance has increased. I myself had the LSI 9260-4i, but sent it back. I learned a hardware RAID card is not necessary for only 2 drives. You will only realize true performance of the card with 4 or more drives. The Intel onboard RAID (ICH10) is more than capable when only using 2 drives. Are you planning on purchasing more drives in the future? These X25M drives are certainly the way to go. I have thrown a lot at these drives and they are rock solid.