cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X25-M 2.5" Latching SATA Connector?

MBuda
New Contributor

Does anyone know if the X25-M drives contain the proper connectors to latch with locking SATA cables? Since this drive is useful for high shock and vibration applications (solid state after all), we need to use the locking type cables with them. I poured through the data specifications and didn't see any reference to latching connectors. Many competitive products have them.........

20 REPLIES 20

MBuda
New Contributor

The reason for my original posted question is because we require both the data and power cables to latch to the SSD due to specific UL approval agency requirements. Most HDD's on the market today accept latching cables and I was hoping the same would be true for the X25-M. As you have seen, there are SATA data cables with the latching clip in the market and there are latching power cables as well (notice the two small bumps on the spring latch that lock into holes in SSD connector housing?):

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Yes that is really what I was looking for. That type of adapter. Thanks again.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I'd say it does, my latching cable makes a click noise when I push it in, sorry I can't offer definative proof.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Yes the G2(silver) X-25M's have latching SATA connectors. THe G1(black) did not.

MBuda
New Contributor

My drive is a G1, I guess: SSDSA2SH032G1GN. I think that the SLC drives are G1 and the MLC drives are G2, correct? If so, it is interesting that the SLC drives don't have locking connectors.

Thanks to all of those who replied. We are an OEM and this feature is required for our future applications. Thanks to all that gave the effort to respond!