cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X25-M 2.5" Latching SATA Connector?

MBuda
New Contributor

Does anyone know if the X25-M drives contain the proper connectors to latch with locking SATA cables? Since this drive is useful for high shock and vibration applications (solid state after all), we need to use the locking type cables with them. I poured through the data specifications and didn't see any reference to latching connectors. Many competitive products have them.........

20 REPLIES 20

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I never looked for latching power cables, power cables in the sense of connecting to a power supply, which does seem kind of silly. Anyway, the power cable going to power supply has a 3-prong connection and totally different than those data cables you refer to, which get connected to the motherboard.

Are you talking about the power cable going from power supply to the wall (AC) or battery backup? If not, I don't know what you mean by power cables, unless you are talking about cables from power supply that get connected to motherboard? Ah, that must be it, right? Well, I haven't seen those in latching form, and they come with the power supply from manufacturer. There really isn't a need for latching on those cables, but it is the HDDs and SSDs that are more prone to getting disconnected so latching cables are a good idea for them, as well as DVD drives,etc.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Yes perhaps the question isn't so silly - Presumably if there are latching data cables there would need to be a latching power connection or at least an adapter? My drive will be mounted in an enclosure with several other components and will be powered from a custom power supply. I would really like to avoid glueing everything together but a good data connections for my X25 SSD is really useless unless I can partner it with a solid power connection. Any ideas? (apart from glue!)

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Are you talking about the SATA power cable going from PSU to SSD?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Yes exactly or at least a cable that can be connected to a separate power source/4 pin plug etc. Basically I think the latching data cable is great. Do you agree that I would need a similar solution for the SSD power supply. From the PSU or otherwise? I think that I would need a similar solution.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

The power cable going from my PSU to SSD fits quite securely and I do not see any need for latching.