cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X25-M 80GB low 4k read

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi all,

I've been testing my new system that has an Intel X25-M 80 gb and I seem to be getting a lower 4k read value than most benchmarks I see, usally around 19/20 MB/s while mine is 14MB/s.

This is on a fresh windows 7 x64 instalation, asus p7p55d motherboard and a I5-750 cpu. Sata option in BIOS with AHCI when installing windows.

- system restore off

- index off

- hibernation off

I've read all the related threads here and more and still no solution.. any ideas?

thanks in advance

72 REPLIES 72

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I have the exact same drive and my results are very similar to yours. My 4K read is 15.17

This is on a Windows 7 Pro 64 bit clean install. System restore, hibernation all off. Although I still have the previous firmware 02HA.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Don't know if this is relevant but I seem to have duplicate entries in my device manager.. Didn't noticed this before this last windows instalation but speeds were the same as they are now.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I get the same scores as you. Have you tried using the default msahci driver instead of the intel? The msahci driver supports automatic trim in win 7.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I am using the default windows msahci driver as you can see in the benchmark screenshot.

I think the additional controller appeared when I installed the chipset driver of my motherboard. I did run the benchmark tool before the instalation of the chipset and the results are almost identical.