cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X25-M 80GB low 4k read

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi all,

I've been testing my new system that has an Intel X25-M 80 gb and I seem to be getting a lower 4k read value than most benchmarks I see, usally around 19/20 MB/s while mine is 14MB/s.

This is on a fresh windows 7 x64 instalation, asus p7p55d motherboard and a I5-750 cpu. Sata option in BIOS with AHCI when installing windows.

- system restore off

- index off

- hibernation off

I've read all the related threads here and more and still no solution.. any ideas?

thanks in advance

72 REPLIES 72

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

When installing Windows 7 with BIOS set to AHCI, you don't have to install any chipset drivers, at least I didn't. You should have the Standard AHCI 1.0 Serial ATA Controller when using msahci driver, not that Intel Controller--which probably is the reason for your sub-par AS SSD benchmark result.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Didn't know that, thanks. Removed them now.

but like I said in the previous post, I did run the benchmark before I installed the chipset driver and the results were identical, the 4k read always around 14 MB/s.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Did you have both the msahci driver and the Standard AHCI 1.0 Serial ATA Controller?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

In addition to the above, do you have Disk Defragmenter turned off or disabled for your SSD?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Yes, disk defragmenter turned off and the standard AHCI 1.0 Serial ATA controller