cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X25-M 80GB low 4k read

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi all,

I've been testing my new system that has an Intel X25-M 80 gb and I seem to be getting a lower 4k read value than most benchmarks I see, usally around 19/20 MB/s while mine is 14MB/s.

This is on a fresh windows 7 x64 instalation, asus p7p55d motherboard and a I5-750 cpu. Sata option in BIOS with AHCI when installing windows.

- system restore off

- index off

- hibernation off

I've read all the related threads here and more and still no solution.. any ideas?

thanks in advance

72 REPLIES 72

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Deleted.

Message was edited by: ambizytl

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Run the optimizer one time and then run AS SSD and let's see what happens.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks for trying to figure this out ambizytl

just did that but unfortunately the results were the same.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

What port is your SSD in? Does your motherboard manual specify more than one SATA group of ports, such as 0-3 are this SATA and 4-6 are that SATA?

Post another picture of Device Manager, and a picture of what shows in Disk Management.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

In addition to the above, did you restart the computer after switching AHCI controllers?

There was another person who had same 4K problem as you and reinstalling Windows 7 solved the issue. As a last resort, I would suggest reinstalling Windows with your other two mechanical drives disconnected, or you can try disconnecting the two mechanical drives and see if that makes a difference.