cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X25-M 80GB low 4k read

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi all,

I've been testing my new system that has an Intel X25-M 80 gb and I seem to be getting a lower 4k read value than most benchmarks I see, usally around 19/20 MB/s while mine is 14MB/s.

This is on a fresh windows 7 x64 instalation, asus p7p55d motherboard and a I5-750 cpu. Sata option in BIOS with AHCI when installing windows.

- system restore off

- index off

- hibernation off

I've read all the related threads here and more and still no solution.. any ideas?

thanks in advance

72 REPLIES 72

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi,

My SSD is in the first SATA port of the motherboard (SATA_0). Read the manual of the board, ASUS P7P55D, and it doesn't mention any SATA groups, only 6 x SATA 3.0 Gb/s ports.

I did restart the computer after switching the AHCI controllers.

This is my 3rd clean install of windows 7 and did installed it with my other drives disconnected, only the DVD drive was connected. This screenshot of the benchmark was made right after the instalation with no other hard drives connected, no motherboard/chipset drivers installed and only the DVD drive and SSD connected:

The other two pictures you requested:

Thanks once more

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Did you reconnect the other drives before testing?

I don't understand why you have that 100 MB Reserved Primary Partition--I don't have it, I have just one Partition. Did you format the drive before reinstalling Windows 7? I suggest you format the SSD in Windows 7 and don't create a second Primary Partition--let it all hang out for one partition.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I think low 4k read speed is 99% hardware issue. At this topic me and TS have both Intel P55 motherboard.

I have similar results as TS on my home computer. Which is: Gigabyte GA-55A-UD4. I have tried all modes and drivers, AHCI, IDE, RAID. And tried Win 7 x64, x86 and Win XP x64. All setups gives around 15 Mb/s 4k read speed. Then I connect same SSD to Biostar TP45i. And get result on screenshot

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Your result shows BIOS not set to AHCI, so why post it? BIOS should be set to AHCI. I don't understand why you would run SSD in IDE when it is has been clearly suggested to use AHCI for best results.

I don't know about the P55 being the problem, could be, but I still don't know why he has two Primary Partitions with one 100 MB Reserved Primary Partition. I would at least like to see what happens when he has just one Partition.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

You don't show your firmware revision in the picture.