cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X25-M Firmware

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hey everyone.....my first post! ( round of applause please ) 🙂

Right, Intel promised us a re-release of the Firmware Update (& SSD Toolbox) by the end of this month, how likely will this be considering we only have 6 days left? When I got my X25-M G2, the Windows Experience Index in Windows 7 Pro 64-bit gave it a 7.8...........BUT, I had to do a reformat and reinstall due to some issues with SQL, and now it only scores a 7.6. Is this normal? And will the new TRIM functionality get it back to original score? Im guessing the reformat didn't necessarily wipe all blocks and thats what causing the slight score downgrade? The drive is still obtaining 240-250mb/s though.

Thanks guys!

walshy

10 REPLIES 10

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I have a feeling its gonna be released on a 30th. For one thing it's a holiday in two days, then black friday, so basically a no go on thursday and friday. It's probably gonna get released on monday. I could be wrong, but the last firmware was released on a Monday.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Cos I wanted to know! The same reason you ask a question! If Intel will release the new F/W soon, then ill continue using the SSD as TRIM will be available soon to keep it healthy.....but if its gonna be a while, ill hold off on the Intel & use my Samsung SSD or WD Velociraptor instead.

You donut.

PCoup1
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

You're the donut.

Intel have 'announced' that they will release a new firmware and toolbox 'by the end of the month' - there is your answer.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

yikes take it easy, he was just checking for an update. Things have remained quiet from intel's side since their announcement.

for some reason i'm craving a donut right now....

PCoup1
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Intel updates in the Intel support forum don't happen very often