cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X25-M G2 Update failed, reboot, says firmware already updated

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I tried to update the FW and it failed, saying I should boot up in legacy IDE mode (I'm using ahci). I rebooted in IDE mode, and then when it came to updating the firmware, it said the firmware was already updated. Anyone else have this problem?

42 REPLIES 42

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I can still interact normally with my drive. I can read, write, and format. So at least that is good. Performance-wise it is at 225 read and 108 write.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I wish I had benchmarked my drive before attempting to upgrade.

I'm getting 255 read and 87 write on a G2 80GB.

Do those numbers suggest the upgrade was successful?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Tried checking FW revision with some diagnostic utility like Everest or HDD tool?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

CrystalDiskInfo, intel firmware update tool and speedfan are all reporting the latest firmware - but I can't see how the latest firmware could be on my drive if the update program didn't put it on!

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

This happened to me as well. I have a brand new 160g and updated through AHCI and got the update didn't complete, went back a 2nd time (in IDE) and said it couldn't update cause it had the latest firmware. I don't think I'll be worrying about it. Speeds seems right and when I looked at CrystalDiskInfo where all the SMART info is, TRIM is not greyed out so that means it's good. Maybe another way to see is if you have the INTEL SSD Toolbox and see if it will run.