cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X25-M G2 Update failed, reboot, says firmware already updated

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I tried to update the FW and it failed, saying I should boot up in legacy IDE mode (I'm using ahci). I rebooted in IDE mode, and then when it came to updating the firmware, it said the firmware was already updated. Anyone else have this problem?

42 REPLIES 42

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

3DMG, what is your performance in crystal disk mark?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Here's benchy for my G2 160gig. This was a brand new 02G9 firmware updated to 02HD (but with the issue stated eariler). No windows 7 installed before updating. Updated using ACHI (got the not complete redo with IDE which I did, but said it was already updated) and installed windows 7 ult 64bit using ACHI. I'm happy with it. I say it works since trim is not greyed out. Also writes speeds were supposedly only max 80mb with 02G9 firmware. I'm getting a max of 112mb with only 26gigs used with 02HD firmware.

Shuttle xpc p35pro

Processor q6600

Ram 8 gigs

Harddrive: Intel SSD 160g2 (Main), 2x Samsung HD103SJ 1TB

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

This also happened to me, tried to update in ahci mode, failed, rebooted in normal mode and it says the update is already installed...

When I got back to Windows (v7 x64) it tried to install new drivers, got a blue screen and now everytime I go back to Windows the performance is really bad, it takes ages to do anything... Maybe I'll need to format it 😐

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

If diagnostics are showing the correct firmware, write speeds are up on 160GB models, and TRIM is working (if updating from a version older than 02HA) then it looks like the update was indeed successful. Sounds like the updater may be incorrectly reporting a failed upgrade? Did you see any activity indicating a firmware flash in progress? Going to update two drives tonight. One from 02HA and a new drive which presumably will have an older firmware. Last time the update worked in AHCI mode but be interesting to see if I run into the same problem.

When I got back to Windows (v7 x64) it tried to install new drivers, got a blue screen and now everytime I go back to Windows the performance is really bad

Did you have to run the updater in a different controller mode from that which you normally use and forget to switch back before booting into Windows? The new driver installation suggests this might be the case and a BSOD is not unusual in these circumstances. Same goes from the performance hit. Not clear in your post but sounds like perhaps you've gone from using AHCI to IDE in Windows?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

MeY-ZiNG: After the FW update, did you switched back to the controler mode you had (when windows got installed), before you booted into windows?