cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X25-M G2 Update failed, reboot, says firmware already updated

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I tried to update the FW and it failed, saying I should boot up in legacy IDE mode (I'm using ahci). I rebooted in IDE mode, and then when it came to updating the firmware, it said the firmware was already updated. Anyone else have this problem?

42 REPLIES 42

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Mr.Wolf wrote:

MeY-ZiNG: After the FW update, did you switched back to the controler mode you had (when windows got installed), before you booted into windows?

Yes, immediately after seeing the message saying that the firmware was already updated (before going back to Windows). I'll try to figure out what's wrong tonight.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I also have this problem.

I still have the Intel SSD Toolbox installed so I ran that. It also reports the firmware as being 2CV102HD as does Crystal Disk Info.

When I tried to run the SSD management tools it reports the drive status as passed and as ready for use. When I run it though it fails saying "Error creating Intel Optimizer SSD files on the selected drive".

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

This is a little off topic of this thread but I just enabled AHCI on my computer and my crystal mark disk scores are a hell of a lot better! Some people were saying this doesn't make that much of a difference, but as far as benchmarking goes, it really does.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

There is another thread in regards to this /thread/8934?tstart=0 http://communities.intel.com/thread/8934?tstart=0

The bottom line is ALL Intel SSD users should be running in AHCI mode if it is available to them.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

jimh wrote:

I also have this problem.

I still have the Intel SSD Toolbox installed so I ran that. It also reports the firmware as being 2CV102HD as does Crystal Disk Info.

When I tried to run the SSD management tools it reports the drive status as passed and as ready for use. When I run it though it fails saying "Error creating Intel Optimizer SSD files on the selected drive".

Has anybody else with the 'firmware already updated' issue attempted to run ssd optimizer? I didn't download before it was taken off the site, so can't test.