cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

X80 G2

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I have a 80 Gig G2 hard drive in win 7 32 and 64 runs like a sata 1 max read speeds is 130, but i also did a fresh install of linux Ubuntu 10.04 and used its disk utility and it reads at 280 whatthe heck is going on with win 7

25 REPLIES 25

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Mikehe,

I can't figure out why you are not able to get SATA II mode. Out of curiosity, what version of Intel storage driver did you load? If you go into device manager and look at the IDE/ATA controllers and check driver version for AHCI controller, does it match what you installed? Have you asked Acer about why you can only get SATA I mode on the laptop?

Regards,

Brady

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

i will check this evening it i have a match or not. Second getting tech support out of acer is like pulling finger nails. Is it possible acer didnt want to pay for the use of SATA II and was cheaper to make laptop with SATA I

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

yes its the same version as the intel storage manager i loaded

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Brady, while you are assisting Mikehe, perhaps you can help me as well. I recently installed a gen II X25M 160gb SSD in my Panasonic CF74 Toughbook. While I am satisfied with the drive's performance, I am able to get the drive to run in SATA I only. I reinstalled the OEM operating system using Panasonic's Windows XP recovery disk. The BIOS is set to AHCI. The chipset is listed as Intel ICH9 PCI Express 2940, 2942, 2944 & 2946 for ports 1 through 4. The RST console reports SATA I. The SATA controller is listed as Intel ICH9M-E/M SATA AHCI using driver version 9.6.0.1014 (3/3/2010). To me it looks like the main board is limited to SATA I. Might this be incorrect?

Thank you

Mitch