cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

activate opal pro 2500 ssd

MCont8
New Contributor

I have an Intel Pro 2500 SSD. eDrive is enabled. I know when you install Windows 8 it will automatically provision the drive and activates Opal, however I installed Windows 10 and Opal did not activate. Is there something I need to do, or is this feature not supported under windows 10?

6 REPLIES 6

MCont8
New Contributor

I have read the article, not very helpful. System is in UEFI mode, CSM disabled. I have tried to secure erase drive and get an error saying feature not supported. How do I uninitialized drive? I have contacted ASUS and they are useless, they claim to not support encryption.

jbenavides
Valued Contributor II

Hello mconti85,

While operating under eDrive specifications, the disk doesn't accept ATA Security Erase/Enhanced Security Erase commands nor ATA security passwords. The Secure Erase command is failing since you already enabled eDrive on it.

Normally, you should be able to remove any existing partitions using Windows Disk Management. Since Secure erase is disabled, the only option to restore your drive to factory state is to do the PSID revert. This process is explained is pages 9, 18-19 of the https://downloadmirror.intel.com/24007/eng/Intel_SSD_ProAdmin_Tool_User_Guide_329902_003.pdf Intel® Solid-State Drive Pro Administrator Tool User Guide.