cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eDrive enable doesn't work properly for Intel PRO 6000p SSD

MHayn1
New Contributor

I have an Intel 6000p 512GB drive. Originally, when I tried to enable eDrive, it appeared to work. But after I rebooted, the drive now shows:

I have updated the firmware to the latest, and it is a retail drive (not OEM). I get a similar result from PSID revert or secure erase. It seems like the drive is stuck in some half-way state. When I enable bitlocker in the OS, it uses software encryption.

Is there any way to get teh drive to support eDrive?

10 REPLIES 10

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello MikeH2,

Thank you for the picture. It should have enough of the model number and SA for our purposes. Please bear with us while we look into this matter.I'll post back if we need something more information or have new troubleshooting suggestions. Best regards,Carlos A.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello MikeH2,

We would like the following information:1. Is it possible for you to perform a clean installation of the operating system, and try again?2. Could you please run the https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Intel® System Support Utility, and share the report with us?To enable attachments, you'll need to use the advanced editor (top right) while replying.Best regards,Carlos A.

MHayn1
New Contributor

I have been using a fresh install of the OS. This is a new computer we're trying to bring up with the SSD as its drive.

Please find the SSU report file attached.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello MikeH2,

Quick question while we look into this:- Is your Intel® SSD Pro 6000p Series connected via PCIe* adapter or directly to your board?It's helpful to ask all the questions possible before engaging our additional resources.Best regards,Carlos A.

MHayn1
New Contributor

It is connected directly to the motherboard's M.2 connector