cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eDrive not working on Intel SSD Pro 6000p

TGehr
New Contributor

Hello,

I have recently bought an Intel SSD Pro 6000p 512GB M.2 for use as a Windows 10 Enterprise Bitlocker hardware encrypted System drive. First of all I have updated the SSD to the latest Firmware PFS121P. Then I wanted to use the SSD Pro Administrator Tool 2.0.2 to enable eDrive like it is https://www.intel.de/content/www/de/de/solid-state-drives/ssd-pro-2500-series-edrive-solutions-bluep... documented for the Pro 2500. But since the Tool showed "eDrive Support: False" I did a PSID Revert but that didn´t help. Also trying to enable eDrive Support anyway resulted in the Message "Error: Configuration Update failed". I have attached a Snapshot of the error.

18 REPLIES 18

GWalk1
New Contributor

Hi Andres,

Have already attempted that step (and used all other available versions of the admin tool) but I produced some screen grabs for you. Interestingly the eDrive Supported

Flag goes from False to Invalid property specified. What next?

Regards,

G. Walker.

TGehr
New Contributor

Hi Andres,

I have good news. For me, using the version 2.0.1 instead of 2.0.2 of the Intel SSD Pro Administrator Tool did the job. Here you can see:

eDrive was enabled successfully and stated as "True".

Thanks for you input.

GWalk1
New Contributor

@ Torsen2k6 - Glad your issues were fixed

... quick update for Andres V.

After using the running the older Admin Version, I decided to run SSD Toolbox 3.5.0 and and saw the following:

Error was listed as critical within the Smart Details attributes, stating contact Support or RMA. I decided to remove the drive and left it for an hour. Reinstall and found the drive Health back to full and no errors listed as critical. On the off chance that the hard power off might have fixed the utility issue. I ran 2.0.1 and found the following:

EDrive Supported has changed back to False. However enable command failed as previously stated.

Any comments or should I look to RMA Warranty with Intel. The critical listing issue has me a bit troubled.

Regards,

G. Walker.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello torsten2k6,

I'm glad to hear that you could enable eDrive on your SSD. Thank you for sharing your results with the community, we really appreciate it. Regards,Andres V.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Gordon,

Thank you for the screenshots posted. You mentioned in a previous post that "Intel Support seems to be pushing myself to contact Dell…", I assume that assistance is been provided via our email support. If you are considering to begin a replacement process, they can provide the adequate guidance. Otherwise, could you please share the report generated by the Intel® System Support Utility for Windows* (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility-for-Windows-)? You also mentioned that the eDrive Supported status "has changed back to False". Does this mean that at a certain point you were able to enable eDrive? Under what conditions were you able to enable eDrive? I'll be waiting for your response. Regards,Andres V.