cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eDrive not working on Intel SSD Pro 6000p

TGehr
New Contributor

Hello,

I have recently bought an Intel SSD Pro 6000p 512GB M.2 for use as a Windows 10 Enterprise Bitlocker hardware encrypted System drive. First of all I have updated the SSD to the latest Firmware PFS121P. Then I wanted to use the SSD Pro Administrator Tool 2.0.2 to enable eDrive like it is https://www.intel.de/content/www/de/de/solid-state-drives/ssd-pro-2500-series-edrive-solutions-bluep... documented for the Pro 2500. But since the Tool showed "eDrive Support: False" I did a PSID Revert but that didn´t help. Also trying to enable eDrive Support anyway resulted in the Message "Error: Configuration Update failed". I have attached a Snapshot of the error.

18 REPLIES 18

GWalk1
New Contributor

Hi Andres,

I raised a customer support case already (03239930 [ ref:_00DU0YT3c._5000Pg43DY). The sticking pointing with your other colleague is based on the compatibility of a Dell laptop and the 6000p drive. I've contacted Dell to get emailed confirmation regarding that issue but if you can access the notes you can see that I own several systems which have the latest NVME support, M.2 dedicated sockets and or the use of a PCI-E adaptor. The point I have attempted to get across to your colleague is that the behaviour falls across all systems including an HP system lent from a friend which uses the OEM 6000p (Before you ask - HP has disabled edrive for some unknown reason. I would hazard a guess but you might not like my answer.

To answer you questions: Edrive has never been enabled AT ANY TIME during my attempts to fix this issue. My observation was that under 2.0.1, the eDrive Supported field change from "Invalid property specified" to "False". Previous attempts of using 2.0.1 or early have always shown "Invalid property specified" Not sure if important but it was a noted change.

Okay. Based on the information I have provided, if I returned the drive would it be automatically exchanged or simply examined? I ask since your colleague infers that if I didn't obtain confirmation from Dell on the drive suitability then Intel would not provide assistance. I challenge this based on 6 systems running similar results although the critical warning is a new one...

Regards,

Gordon Walker.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Gordon,

Thank you for the information provided. I reviewed the customer support case you opened with my colleague, and it seems that there is certain information that he needs from you before offering you a replacement. I would suggest you to reply to the last email sent by my colleague, and then tell him that you are interested in a replacement (especially since the replacement process is done via email). The agent will evaluate the request and offer you a solution based on all the information that you have shared with him. Additionally, you may want to share this post with my colleague, since it shows troubleshooting that you tried and helped another customer, but didn't solved the issue you are experiencing. Please let me know how you would like to proceed. Regards,Andres V.

GWalk1
New Contributor

Hi Andres,

Thank for your reply. I will highlight this forum and discuss a replacement with the customer support colleague. I greatly appreciate your help and patience in dealing with this issue. Many thanks.

Best Regards,

Gordon Walker.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Gordon,

You are welcome.If you have any other question, don't hesitate to contact us.Regards,Andres V.