Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

encrypted drive gets bricked

OK, so I followed your directions and documentation to migrate my HDD to a SSD....and you bricked it.

My drive was encrypted with PGP Desktop and nowhere did you say it needed to be removed, nor did the software detect it. Now I've got a very expensive doorstop.

This will cost me hours of recovery time and thousands of lost files.

thanks for nothing

0 Kudos
5 Replies
idata
Community Manager

GregG2,

For this type of situation, it is highly recommended to contacted our call center for other options of support. For your convenience, here is the link to our support: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html Contact Support. Please, bear in mind that depending on your region or country, not all types of contact is available.

We are at your disposal should you have any further questions or doubts,

Best regards,

Aleki
idata
Community Manager

GregG2,

I haven't heard from you in a while so we would like to know if there is anything else we can do to assist you.

Best regards,

Aleki
idata
Community Manager

not sure ... next trying PGP recovery utilities and so far they cannot recover the drive. What else do you propose?

idata
Community Manager

GregG2,

Did you have the opportunity to contact our call center for live assistance and other option of support? Please let us know as soon as you can.

Best regards,

Aleki
idata
Community Manager

GregG2,

We haven't heard from you in a while so we would like to know if there is anything else we can do to assist you.

Best regards,

Aleki