cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

firmware iso 2.1.2 aborts execution with a mtrr error

ZPryk
New Contributor

I have a problem running the firmware 2.1.2 iso. When app is started it fails with a mtrr error while trying to run startx. I noticed one other individual has also identified a similar problem in this forum. What puzzles me is that iso versions 2.0.x worked flawlessly, but version 2.1.x introduced the mtrr error. The bare-bones system I use for updating firmware/hardware is dedicated to that function and has not changed since I put it to use. There is no HDD installed. Only peripheral is a CD/DVD drive. Looks some something changed in the iso OS between ver. 2.0 and 2.1 that is crashing startx execution on my system. The 2.0.x versions would bring up the graphic update screen whether an SSD was detected or not; the 2.1.x fails while attempting to launch the graphic update screen. I verified the mtrr problem is unique to the v2.1.x isos by running v2.0.13, and I get the expected TOA/Update screens. Any workarounds ??

22 REPLIES 22

ASouz7
Valued Contributor

zeppo,

We are going to check on this error with more details and will provide a reply to you soon. Let us know if you have any further questions.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello zeppo,

Before we go any further, we were wondering if you could send us here a picture of the drive.Could you please be so kind and try a firmware update by using the Intel® Solid State Drive Toolbox. For your convenience here is the link: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/18455/Intel-Solid-State-Drive-Toolbox https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/18455/Intel-Solid-State-Drive-ToolboxPlease let us know if you get the same error as well.

ZPryk
New Contributor

At this time cannot provide picture of SSD. The mtrr error occurs whether the SSD is connected or not.The error does not require the SSD to be present. Also have no access to a windows OS to run Toolbox.The staging system on which the iso faults consists of Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5 MB, 16GB ram, AMD Phenom II processor and Nvidia GeForce GTS 250 video card.

The following data comes off the SSD:

ISN:BTTV401405E7100FGN; SA:G62036-203; FW:5DV10266; PBA: G45364-201; LBA: 195,371,568;

CAN: ICES-3(B)/NMB-3(B); WWN: 55CD2E404B56044E

MODEL: SSDSC2BA100G3

Last successful update of SSD was with the 2.0.x iso. Since then all 2.1.x isos have failed with mtrr error.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

zeppo,

In order to provided addtional assistance regarding this issue. We would like to live troubleshoot this issue with you. Please check your email at your earliest convenience in order to proceed with our support.