cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

firmware iso 2.1.2 aborts execution with a mtrr error

ZPryk
New Contributor

I have a problem running the firmware 2.1.2 iso. When app is started it fails with a mtrr error while trying to run startx. I noticed one other individual has also identified a similar problem in this forum. What puzzles me is that iso versions 2.0.x worked flawlessly, but version 2.1.x introduced the mtrr error. The bare-bones system I use for updating firmware/hardware is dedicated to that function and has not changed since I put it to use. There is no HDD installed. Only peripheral is a CD/DVD drive. Looks some something changed in the iso OS between ver. 2.0 and 2.1 that is crashing startx execution on my system. The 2.0.x versions would bring up the graphic update screen whether an SSD was detected or not; the 2.1.x fails while attempting to launch the graphic update screen. I verified the mtrr problem is unique to the v2.1.x isos by running v2.0.13, and I get the expected TOA/Update screens. Any workarounds ??

22 REPLIES 22

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

zeppo,

We haven't heard from you in a while so we would like to know if you still need our assistance. As we informed previously, we would like to provide live asistance regarding your issue. Could you please be so kind and check your email inbox and reply from us from there at your earliest convenience?

ZPryk
New Contributor

Have provided phone number and time as requested. Email was sent in reply to yr email on 1 May 2016 to mailto:supportreplies@intel.com supportreplies@intel.com. Still interested in yr assistance in tracking down reason for mtrr error in 2.1.x isos.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

zeppo,

Thank you for the reply. We have acknowledged your information. From now on, let's deal with this issue through the service ticket created.

ZPryk
New Contributor

Pls pardon my oops. Will be awaiting yr call on 4 May 2016 at 2:00PM.

ZPryk
New Contributor

Per telecon, 'copied' iso to flash drive. Booted flash drive and had same result. App failed to run as before from CD. Was able to try flash drive on another system w/different hw and had same result. I've provided a screen shot of the error msgs.