cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

firmware iso 2.1.2 aborts execution with a mtrr error

ZPryk
New Contributor

I have a problem running the firmware 2.1.2 iso. When app is started it fails with a mtrr error while trying to run startx. I noticed one other individual has also identified a similar problem in this forum. What puzzles me is that iso versions 2.0.x worked flawlessly, but version 2.1.x introduced the mtrr error. The bare-bones system I use for updating firmware/hardware is dedicated to that function and has not changed since I put it to use. There is no HDD installed. Only peripheral is a CD/DVD drive. Looks some something changed in the iso OS between ver. 2.0 and 2.1 that is crashing startx execution on my system. The 2.0.x versions would bring up the graphic update screen whether an SSD was detected or not; the 2.1.x fails while attempting to launch the graphic update screen. I verified the mtrr problem is unique to the v2.1.x isos by running v2.0.13, and I get the expected TOA/Update screens. Any workarounds ??

22 REPLIES 22

JHors3
New Contributor

Dear Intel, It seems I have the same problem as follows "I'm trying to update the firmware on an original 80 Gb X25-M (fw = SCV102HD) using the Intel Firmware Update Utility extracted to a 16 Gb USB flashdrive. The computer is Windows 10 on a Fujitsu Lifebook S2210. On restart the Linux OS seems to load successfully and begin to access the utility and, for a brief moment, I begin to see the Intel Dialogue Screen, then back to Linux script (when I choose to display during boot) and then error and stop. I see the same stalled screen as depicted by Zeppo above. His suspicion about the display may be correct as I have such a machine. I have tried using your Windows utility but it seems to be unusable because I am running IDE mode and I don't seem to be able to change that on this machine. Any solution?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

JohnHorsfall,

Could you please provide the model number of this SSD?

JHors3
New Contributor

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. It's an Intel X25-M 80Gb, Firmware 2CV102HD, Serial BTPO04410010080JGN

System is Fujitsu LifeBook S2210 using AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile Technology TL-60

regards,

Dr John Horsfall

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

JohnHorsfall,

Thank you for the info. We are going to check and get back to you soon.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello JohnHorsfall,

We were wondering if you could try this drive in a different system in order to see if the issue occurs with an Intel® Processor in order to rule out any incompatibility issue.Regards,Aleki