cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

firmware update with 2 drives in raid

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I just tried to update my firmware with the latest available from intel. I created the CD and shutdown the computer and booted to the CD. The update CD runs and spits back the message, "no drives found". They are currently configured to be in raid 0. Do I need to remove them from raid before this will work?

Thanks,

Andrew

5 REPLIES 5

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

yes - remove them from RAID and try again. You should first try AHCI mode, then IDE if unsuccessful.

DZand
Contributor III

astone21480 schrieb:

I just tried to update my firmware with the latest available from intel. I created the CD and shutdown the computer and booted to the CD. The update CD runs and spits back the message, "no drives found". They are currently configured to be in raid 0. Do I need to remove them from raid before this will work?

Just do the following:

1. Enter the BIOS and set the SATA Controllers from "RAID" to "IDE" Mode (don't choose the "AHCI" Mode). Save the BIOS settings and reboot.

2. Boot off the SSD Firmware CD and flash the new Firmware onto both SSD's. The Firmware installer will find them.

3. Reboot again off the SSD Firmware CD just to let it certify, that the Firmware of both SSD's have been successfully updated.

4. Reboot, enter the BIOS and set the SATA Controllers back from "IDE" to "RAID" Mode. Save the BIOS settings and reboot.

5. Have fun with your RAID again.

Regards

Fernando

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Fernando,

Thanks for the tip I will give it a whirl. I am a little concerned that I will screw up the data on my disks. Will I be able to boot my OS again once I change them back to RAID?

Thanks,

Andrew

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Sorry to bring back such an old thread. However I have the exact same question as the topic started and I wondered if he or someone else can confirm the method suggested by Fernando is indeed safe.