cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

horrible results in x25-m...

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi,

I went through different posts, but cant see a solution.

Just bought a new motherboard and Athlon, put SSD in AHCI mode with Win7. My results:

Sata2, Win7 Home, disabled defrag, superfetch

17 REPLIES 17

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Can you provide an AS SSD benchmark of your C: drive running in Windows Safe Mode?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Here is a banchmark from Windows Safe Mode... Almost the same results...

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

From what I see it look like the only problem is heavy NTFS file system overhead. If you are interested I could write you a cleanup checklist that will take care of that.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

It's going to be the AMD SATA controller. If possible try the drive in a system with an Intel ICH9 or ICH10 controller. You should then see better benchmark results.

Stopping light background process will make zero difference, as you found out by running in safe mode. That's the bad news; the good news is that outside of benchmarking you will most likely not notice any difference.

(EDIT: I'm not sure if the SB710 passes the trim command or not. If not, are you running the Intel SSD Toolbox Optimizer?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Thanks to ALL of you guys! yes, i was worried, but I guess will not see the difference in every day work.

I also tried ATTO benchmark and it looks 10% slower than other results, so... will just leave it.

I was told I dont neew Intel toolbox for optimizing as I use Win7, but just in case I ran it last week