cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do I downgrade P4511 firmware

Mordock
New Contributor

I have updated the firmware on my P4511 to the latest, but now VMware says that it is no longer supported and is giving me grief with vSphere 7u3.  How do I downgrade the firmware to the supported VCV10352 from VCV10384

6 REPLIES 6

BrusC_Intel
Contributor III

Hello, Mordock.

Good day,

Thank you for posting on the Intel Community Support forums.

I received your case regarding the Intel P4511 firmware, I will be glad to assist you.

It is not possible to perform a firmware rollback/downgrade as the firmware is just intended to be upgraded.

Have you tried to reach out to VMware regarding this?

Please let me know, I will follow up on October 20th in case additional time is required.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

Intel Customer Support Technician

Mordock
New Contributor

thank you for you quick response.  I have a couple of questions.  I have been looking at the VMware VIB that is part of the MAS package.  I am curious what version of firmware is contained in that VIB.  Does it have the supported VCV10532 or the latest version?  What would happen if I tried using it to upgrade the firmware, would it upgrade the firmware to the supported version?

If not, then the next question is can you give me an RMA for these two SSDs and replace them with ones with the proper firmware?

BrusC_Intel
Contributor III

Hello, Mordock.

Even if you use a different version of IMAS with a different firmware version, the tool will determine that the drive is already updated since it will be on a newer version than the one in the tool, so no changes will be performed.

I will need to confirm regarding your second question since the drive do not have a problem, did you try reaching our to VMware?

I will let you know as soon as I get any updates.

Best regards,

Bruce C.

BrusC_Intel
Contributor III

Hello, Mordock.

Thank you very much for your patience.

For this particular case, the VMware compatibility is out of our control, and even if the units were to be replaced we can not guarantee that the firmware version that comes pre-installed will be the one compatible.

We advice to check with VMware and request more information, or a possible reason why a newer firmware version of this SSD could be causing you problems, and if there is any type of workaround to overcome this as it is not something we can correct from the SSD side of things.

I will keep the thread open and follow up again on October 25th before closing the thread, but you can let me know if there is anything else or if there are any updates you would like to share with the community.

Best regards,

Bruce C.