cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to format sector size as 4K? I use datacenter tool, but it show "No result" after typing "isdct show -intelssd" in admin cmd windows.

铮王
New Contributor

1. I download DATA center tool v3.0 from intel website.

2. Install the tool on windows10.

3. Run cmd in administrator mode.

4. Typing "isdct show -intelssd"

5. It show "No result"

How to fix this issuse? I want to change the sector size to 4k, not 512B.

5 REPLIES 5

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Copewang,

We can verify you are running the correct command and also using administrator rights, we would like you to please check if the directory is the correct one. You can as well check the following link in case you need anymore assistance: http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/solid-state-drives/000006392.html Gain Optimal Performance by Changes to SSD Physical Sector Size

We will be waiting for your response.

铮王
New Contributor

I install the tool and cd into c:\isdct to execute the cmd, see the pic for more detail.

铮王
New Contributor

I tried "isdct.exe set -intelssd X physicalsectorsize=4096"command on my Intel 750s 400G SSD.

it show this device not support this command set.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Copewang,

According to the picture you have sent to us, it seems the CMD is not running in administrator mode. I have tested in our lab without administrator mode and it shows me the exact same error, however, when I tried CMD with administrator mode or rights, we were able to retrieve any information from the SSD.

Can you please confirm you are searching for CMD in the search bar and then right click on it and clicking on "Run as administrator"?