cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iSSDFUT 2.0.9 Not Working?

MBali1
New Contributor II

I just installed a 530 SSD in my mid-2009 MBP. It seems to be working fine. I figured I should update the firmware, but I am unable to get the Intel® SATA Solid-State Drive Firmware Update Tool version 2.0.9 to work. I burned the ISO using both a Mac and a Win7 machine. In both cases it appears to burn correctly, but when I boot from either disc, I get a "no bootable device" message.

After searching the forums a bit, I tried unpacking issdfut_2.0.9.iso to check for iSSDFUT.exe, but it is not present in the ISO. Here's the contents of the ISO. I have downloaded it and unpacked it on two separate Macs and a Win7 PC and I see the same thing. I downloaded the ISO from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18363 Download Center

CONTENTS

initrd

vmlinuz

isolinux (directory)

isolinux\boot.cat

isolinux\isolinux.bin

isolinux\isolinux.cfg

licenses (directory with tons of folders with license files in them)

Is the contents of the ISO correct? Is there something else I am supposed to be doing to update the firmware for my Intel 530 SSD in my mid-2009 MBP? Thanks!

59 REPLIES 59

Thanks Joe, But how do you record into disk? It does explain this unless I am missing it.. Thanks

MBali1
New Contributor II

Dave and Joe,

We're burning it right. If Dave is able to boot from the disc, then it's right. I think we have two separate things going on at this point.

ME: Can't completely boot off the disc. Since Dave has the same files on the disc as I do and he is able to boot, I suspect the problem is my machine. I have been trying to boot from an external USB disc drive, rather than the internal superdrive, so that's probably got something to do with it. I'd use the superdrive, but it's not working (another story).

DAVE: Can boot and run the tool, but the tool reports that he is up to date, running DC12. Yet, the Download Center says that DC32 is the current version. What's the deal here?

Edited for clarity

Jose_H_Intel1
Valued Contributor II

Thanks a lot for the clarification.

I wonder if you have the chance to update the firmware in a different system.

GOBLUE_DAVE, I have sent you a PM because your case is different.

I bought this drive on Amazon. But with it being Mac osx not sure if I take it out that I would be able to update on a windows pc without installing windows.. Thanks for all your help Joe!

Jose_H_Intel1
Valued Contributor II

GOBLUE_DAVE, the Intel® SSD Firmware Update Utility itself is bootable; therefore no operating system is required.