cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iSSDFUT 2.0.9 Not Working?

MBali1
New Contributor II

I just installed a 530 SSD in my mid-2009 MBP. It seems to be working fine. I figured I should update the firmware, but I am unable to get the Intel® SATA Solid-State Drive Firmware Update Tool version 2.0.9 to work. I burned the ISO using both a Mac and a Win7 machine. In both cases it appears to burn correctly, but when I boot from either disc, I get a "no bootable device" message.

After searching the forums a bit, I tried unpacking issdfut_2.0.9.iso to check for iSSDFUT.exe, but it is not present in the ISO. Here's the contents of the ISO. I have downloaded it and unpacked it on two separate Macs and a Win7 PC and I see the same thing. I downloaded the ISO from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=18363 Download Center

CONTENTS

initrd

vmlinuz

isolinux (directory)

isolinux\boot.cat

isolinux\isolinux.bin

isolinux\isolinux.cfg

licenses (directory with tons of folders with license files in them)

Is the contents of the ISO correct? Is there something else I am supposed to be doing to update the firmware for my Intel 530 SSD in my mid-2009 MBP? Thanks!

59 REPLIES 59

I have tried downloading the ISO through clicking the link, copy-pasting it, and by going via FileZilla - no luck in either case. (Can't access the folder in FileZilla, but the previous folders are OK).

Can you upload it again/check from outside connection or make it available in some other way?

Thanks.

EChan28
New Contributor

13" Macbook Pro mid-2009 5,5

Intel 530series 180GB Firmware DC12

Blackmagic is giving me ~ 133 MB/s.. I know my SATA Link Speed maxes out at 3 Gigabit, but this seems a bit too slow.

I want to upgrade to DC32 but my SuperDrive is failing and cannot read any disks, thereby not possible to upgrade firmware with that method. Is there an alternative to upgrade my SSD on Mac?

KenF_Intel
Contributor

Hi All,

The file uploaded to the FTP site only stays there for 48 hours. Please try the link again. I just re-uploaded it.

Hi!

Still can't download it... Get this error:FTP Error

Description: Access is denied.

CBrix
New Contributor

Hi Ken,

Thanks, I got the link working. Still the same result though!

Info on the SSD is:

Model: INTEL SSDSC2BW180A4

Revision: DC02

Serielno,: BTDA328502NN1802GN

Same result = no result though: iSSDFUT does not recognize the serial..