cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

intel 320 40GB SSD POST help

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I'll try to explain this the best I can because it might sound a little confusing.

I recently installed a 40GB 320 SSD. Everything seems fine until I boot up my PC. My PC turns on flashes the MOBO setup screen and right after it shows the ctrl-I RAID config prompt, then it flashes back to MOBO setup screen, then it boots into windows just fine. Is this normal? The installation instructions don't mention anything about it so I don't know if I missed a step somewhere but if someone could shed some light on this I would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

6 REPLIES 6

Johnny_Y_Intel
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

The reason you saw CTRL+I menu because you enable RAID in BIOS, just set it to AHCI if you don't set any RAID volume.

But if your OS is Windows XP, system might not be able to boot because the ATA driver is different...

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Okay cool!

As soon as I get a chance I will set SATA mode back to AHCI. Now here is another follow up question only for curiosity sake. Why do the instructions say to enable RAID in BIOS? I guess it assumes your going to be using two HDD's and not as cache setup?

Anyway, thanks for your help I'm just trying to enlighten myself.

Johnny_Y_Intel
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

yes, if you plan to use SRT (SSD cache), you have to enable RAID in BIOS and no need to set any volume in RAID setup menu (CTRL+I). Looks like this the usage model you use now

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

A little follow up from last nights configuration.

So I changed SATA mode from RAID to AHCI and upon saving and exiting I got BSOD. Thankfully, all I had to do was revert back to RAID and my system was up and running again. However I'm still getting the Ctrl-I prompt. Is there any way to stop it from appearing? Do I have to configure something?

SSD and RAID is new territory for me so I appreciate your patience.