cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

intel 535 480gb disappears

kpanc6
New Contributor

Hello,

I have a semi working intel 535 series 480gb drive that disappears after sometime running the OS.

Once I power cycle everything works again.

I have heard there is a dev sleep fix, but I dont have access to update the drive.

Can someone help me update this drive with newer firmware?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Kallian,

You are correct, there is a fix for the issue you are describing which seems to be related to the DevSleep feature of the SSD. This issue happens because the motherboard doesn't support the DevSleep feature of the drive, so the signal required to wake up the SSD when it enters in a low power state is not properly sent by the motherboard, therefore you see that the SSD disappear after some time.In order to fix this issue, please follow these instructions:
  1. The first thing to check is the BIOS of the motherboard. As this issue is caused by the motherboard not supporting the DevSleep feature, it may be fixed by updating the BIOS. An updated BIOS may include support for the DevSleep feature, so please check if you motherboard has the BIOS updated. You can go to your motherboard's manufacturer website to check this information.
  2. If the BIOS is already updated or if there are no updates for it, we can proceed with the following steps in order to flash the SSD with a special firmware for this specific issue.
Note: If the PC doesn't boot from the USB flash drive or gives you an error, please go to the BIOS again and change the boot mode to Legacy only. Then try again the steps.Please let me know if you have any issue with one of the steps below. I'll be waiting for you response.Have a nice day.Regards,Diego V.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Kallian,

You are correct, there is a fix for the issue you are describing which seems to be related to the DevSleep feature of the SSD. This issue happens because the motherboard doesn't support the DevSleep feature of the drive, so the signal required to wake up the SSD when it enters in a low power state is not properly sent by the motherboard, therefore you see that the SSD disappear after some time.In order to fix this issue, please follow these instructions:
  1. The first thing to check is the BIOS of the motherboard. As this issue is caused by the motherboard not supporting the DevSleep feature, it may be fixed by updating the BIOS. An updated BIOS may include support for the DevSleep feature, so please check if you motherboard has the BIOS updated. You can go to your motherboard's manufacturer website to check this information.
  2. If the BIOS is already updated or if there are no updates for it, we can proceed with the following steps in order to flash the SSD with a special firmware for this specific issue.
Note: If the PC doesn't boot from the USB flash drive or gives you an error, please go to the BIOS again and change the boot mode to Legacy only. Then try again the steps.Please let me know if you have any issue with one of the steps below. I'll be waiting for you response.Have a nice day.Regards,Diego V.

kpanc6
New Contributor

I did this update and it helped.

The machine no longer crashes if I leave it idle.

I am ok with the increased power consumption of the drive, as an ssd its insignificant vs a spinning drive.

Many thanks!

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi Kallian,

Thanks for confirming that the firmware update fixed the issue.If you have future questions please don't hesitate to post them in the community. We'll try to help you in any way we can.Have a nice day!Regards,Diego V.