cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OMurí
Novice

intel 750 low read speed after new FW

Hello, I have SSD 750 800GB U.2 port - SSDPE2MW800G4X1

I had great speed about 2200MB/s (read)..... when I install SSD Toolbox 3.4.0 and update firmware + restart I have maximum speed (read) about 800MB for now :-( - drivers and everything are the same

does anyone have the same experience? Can I get back previous firmware?

Thank you

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
idata
Community Manager

GEQ,

We understand you are experiencing low read speed after the new firmware has been installed, correct? If so, before we go any further, could you please be so kind and do the following:

1. Make sure the BIOS of your computer is updated.

2. Reinstall the NVMe* drivers, here is the link to it: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26167/Intel-SSD-Data-Center-Family-for-NVMe-Drivers Intel® SSD Data Center Family for NVMe Drivers version 1.7.0.1002

Which tool did you use to measure it? Could please send us a screen shot of it?

Regarding the previous version of the firmware, unfortunately there is no way to downgrade it.

We are looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Best regards,

Aleki
OMurí
Novice

I have drivers 1.7.0.01002 and I try reinstall, screen:

bios is updated fo latest version 1.2

idata
Community Manager

GEQ,

Thank you for the information. We are going to perform some tests in our lab and will get back to you soon. In the mean time. Could you be so kind and send us the logs obtained from this tool: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/Intel-System-Support-Utility Intel® System Support Utility

Best regards,

Aleki
idata
Community Manager

GEQ,

Thank you for sending the logs. We are going to analyze them as well and as soon as we have finished the test we will contact you back.

Best regards,

Aleki
idata
Community Manager

GEQ,

Thank you for your time. Could you please be so kind and try IOmeter in order to check the performance. Through this evaluation guide: http://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/ssdc/hpssd/ssd-750/sb/intel_ssd_750_series_... Intel® Solid-State Drive 750 Series - Evaluation Guide, page 6, you will find a link to this tool as well as the way it needs to be set up in order to obtain the readings. (From page 10).

Regarding the pictures you have sent. We are not sure if we understood the information on them as they seem to be different regarding the parameters used, could you please provide more details?

Also, please send us the Intel® SSD Toolbox SMART details so we can analyze it. For your convenience here is the link to it: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26387/Intel-Solid-State-Drive-Toolbox Intel® Solid State Drive Toolbox you can obtain this information from the export button at the bottom right side of the tool.

Best regards,

Aleki

OMurí
Novice

Hi Aleki,

check this test in IOmeter (read) 939MBPS

Smart

OMurí
Novice

this is compare before update and after update (FW SSD)

idata
Community Manager

GEQ,

Thank you for the information. We are going to analyze this and will get back to you as soon as possible. In the mean time, please let us know if you have any further questions.

Best regards,

Aleki
idata
Community Manager

Hello GEQ,

Based on the screenshots provided, we can noticed that the test count is different. We would like you to please share a screenshot where the test count is 5, as 5 would be the default setting and also the setting you used to run when the old firmware was installed.

Please let us know.

Regards,

NC
OMurí
Novice

Hi, as you wish, but this isn´t solution for my problem...

idata
Community Manager

Hello GEQ,

We will be checking this with our engineering department and we will run some tests. We will keep you posted over here.

Thanks,

NC
idata
Community Manager

Hi GEQ,

Thanks for the patience on this matter. We will be sending you an e-mail with further information about the resolution of this case.

Please let us know if you receive it.

Regards,

NC