cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

intel ssd 600p series cannot be detected in bios

deo-li
New Contributor

I was using the captioned ssd for a while. Someday it can not be detected in neither windows or bios. It may randomly show up after restart a week before. But it now can not be detected again. 

Since the ssd is under warranty, I tried to click for warranty and replacement in the intel website. It always redirect me back to the front page. 

How can I request the replacement of ssd?

7 REPLIES 7

Hello deo-li,

Thank you for your reply.

Based on the SSU you shared, your BIOS is set up in a Legacy mode, and the SSD is an Intel® SSD 600p Series PCIe technology (128GB, M.2 16x20 BGA PCIe 3.0 x2), meaning that it is designed to be used in UEFI mode.

We advise you to change your BIOS settings to UEFI, and to test if the SSD is recognized, we recommend you to follow your OEM (original equipment manufacturer) manual:

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-B150M-D3H-rev-10/support#support-manual

Important note: Please, back-up all your information, OS, and current BIOS settings before processing any changes in your PC, since it may cause issues with your current setup. Take into consideration that by changing the BIOS mode to UEFI, your PC may not be able to boot to your OS.

If after changing the BIOS settings, and reinstalling your OS (if possible), your PC does not recognize the SSD, provide us with a new copy of the SSU.

We advise you to open a ticket in parallel with your OEM Gygabite*. To get more information about the recommended BIOS, and OS configuration to use PCIe SSDs.

We will be looking forward to your reply, let us know the results.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel®

Thanks for the reply.

I've tried to set up using UEFI mode. But BIOS still does not recognize my ssd. 

Actually I installed window 7 in the ssd. Since my ssd cannot be detected, I used a portable window (window 10) instead. 

Hello deo-li,

Thank you for your reply and for the information provided.

You are going to receive an email shortly from our advanced technical support department in order to further assist you.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel®