Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deo-li
Beginner

intel ssd 600p series cannot be detected in bios

I was using the captioned ssd for a while. Someday it can not be detected in neither windows or bios. It may randomly show up after restart a week before. But it now can not be detected again. 

Since the ssd is under warranty, I tried to click for warranty and replacement in the intel website. It always redirect me back to the front page. 

How can I request the replacement of ssd?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JosafathB_Intel

Hello deo-li,

Thank you for contacting Intel® Memory and Storage support.

As we understand, you need assistance with related to a Warranty Replacement. If we infer correctly, we will appreciate it if you can review the following information:

• We do not have any reports of an issue related to our website.

• Feel free to check your product warranty status and start the warranty online by following this link:

https://supporttickets.intel.com/warrantyinfo

• Another option is to open a ticket with us by following this link (Please modify the language and country as better fits you):

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/contact-support.html#@18

• If you are experiencing any kind of issue, and want to troubleshoot your SSD, we will be more than happy to further assist you, and if at any point it is necessary to proceed with the warranty replacement, we will contact you with our advanced technical support department in charge of your country/GEO.

If you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Josh B.

Intel® Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel®

deo-li
Beginner

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried to click the "warranty and replacement" several times already. It still auto redirect me back to the same page as shown in the following photo.

deo-li_1-1598536643343.png

deo-li_2-1598536677442.png

I've also tried to use different computers and browsers. It shows the same result.

JosafathB_Intel

Hello deo-li,

Thank you for your reply.

The Warranty website seems to be redirecting you automatically to the Support website to open a ticket with our advanced technical support department.

To assist you with your warranty request, we need you to provide us with the following information:

• The SSU logs.

1- Go to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25293/ (for Windows*) and to https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26735/ (for Linux) download the software.
2- When finished downloading it, open it.
3- Attach the file generated by the tool in your reply.

• We would like to know if your SSD is not detected in your BIOS at all, or if on the other hand, it is randomly detected.

• We would like to know if you can test this SSD on a different PC.

We will be looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Josh B.

deo-li
Beginner

Thanks for the reply. 

The SSD is not being detected in BIOS for more than a month. I kept entering BIOS before I entered windows in order to check whether it showed in BIOS. It seems that it showed up once few weeks before. However, it disappeared after restart. 

Attached please find the SSU log for your reference. 

JosafathB_Intel

Hello deo-li,

Thank you for your reply.

Based on the SSU you shared, your BIOS is set up in a Legacy mode, and the SSD is an Intel® SSD 600p Series PCIe technology (128GB, M.2 16x20 BGA PCIe 3.0 x2), meaning that it is designed to be used in UEFI mode.

We advise you to change your BIOS settings to UEFI, and to test if the SSD is recognized, we recommend you to follow your OEM (original equipment manufacturer) manual:

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-B150M-D3H-rev-10/support#support-manual

Important note: Please, back-up all your information, OS, and current BIOS settings before processing any changes in your PC, since it may cause issues with your current setup. Take into consideration that by changing the BIOS mode to UEFI, your PC may not be able to boot to your OS.

If after changing the BIOS settings, and reinstalling your OS (if possible), your PC does not recognize the SSD, provide us with a new copy of the SSU.

We advise you to open a ticket in parallel with your OEM Gygabite*. To get more information about the recommended BIOS, and OS configuration to use PCIe SSDs.

We will be looking forward to your reply, let us know the results.

Best regards,

Josh B.

deo-li
Beginner

Thanks for the reply.

I've tried to set up using UEFI mode. But BIOS still does not recognize my ssd. 

Actually I installed window 7 in the ssd. Since my ssd cannot be detected, I used a portable window (window 10) instead. 

JosafathB_Intel

Hello deo-li,

Thank you for your reply and for the information provided.

You are going to receive an email shortly from our advanced technical support department in order to further assist you.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best regards,

Josh B.