Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Intel® Solid State Drives
Announcements
Welcome to the Intel Community. If you get an answer you like, please mark it as an Accepted Solution to help others. Thank you!
4365 Discussions

intel ssd 730 compatibility with hp desktop computer

GPare2
Beginner

I bought an Intel ssd 730 240 for my computer HP Envy H8-1423. I installed it with both cables, and when I turn on the computer, I cannot se with the disk with disk & file Explorer. However when I go to the peripheral manager and the disk reader, I can see it is there. Also, I have loaded the Intel SSD toolbox, I can see the SSD but it says it has no partition. The Intel migration software does not see the SSD. I do not know where is the problem. Does that means the Intel SSD is not compatible with my computer or do I have to change the UEFI settings, it uses actually the RAID, should it be AHCI or some things else?

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ppara5
Valued Contributor I

Drives must have a partition to be used. See this Microsoft article: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-format-hard-disk-partition# create-format-hard-disk-partition=windows-7 Create and format a hard disk partition - Windows Help. A faster way to Computer Management is Start -> right-mouse click on Computer -> Manage, assuming 7 or Vista.

GPare2
Beginner

Thanks for your reply.

I have followed your suggestion and now I can see the disk with file Explorer. One more problem is that the Intel data migration software does not see the disk. I will problably need to use another software to perform the migration or to change settins in the Bios...

Gilbert

GPare2
Beginner

I have used the toolbox to check the SSD and after that I used the migration tool and it sees the ssd and is ready for migration, so I will proceed with the migration...

Gilbert