Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner

intel ssd 730 compatibility with hp desktop computer

I bought an Intel ssd 730 240 for my computer HP Envy H8-1423. I installed it with both cables, and when I turn on the computer, I cannot se with the disk with disk & file Explorer. However when I go to the peripheral manager and the disk reader, I can see it is there. Also, I have loaded the Intel SSD toolbox, I can see the SSD but it says it has no partition. The Intel migration software does not see the SSD. I do not know where is the problem. Does that means the Intel SSD is not compatible with my computer or do I have to change the UEFI settings, it uses actually the RAID, should it be AHCI or some things else?

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Valued Contributor I

Drives must have a partition to be used. See this Microsoft article: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-format-hard-disk-partition# create-format-hard-disk-partition=windows-7 Create and format a hard disk partition - Windows Help. A faster way to Computer Management is Start -> right-mouse click on Computer -> Manage, assuming 7 or Vista.

Highlighted
Beginner

Thanks for your reply.

I have followed your suggestion and now I can see the disk with file Explorer. One more problem is that the Intel data migration software does not see the disk. I will problably need to use another software to perform the migration or to change settins in the Bios...

Gilbert

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Beginner

I have used the toolbox to check the SSD and after that I used the migration tool and it sees the ssd and is ready for migration, so I will proceed with the migration...

Gilbert

0 Kudos