cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

intel ssd toolbox crashes during Optimizer

zyuan2
New Contributor II

when i run the SSD optimizer, it would always crash at 90% on the green progress bar. it would then create all the intel_trim_files in C: drive and these files stay until i run intel SSD toolbox again which then the trim files all disappear.

i have gotten it to work sometimes, but i do not see any consistency.

intel 750 SSD PCI-E

intel SSD toolbox version 3.3.0

windows 7 ultimate 64 bit

have tried reinstalling SSD toolbox

windows disk clean up option did not work for me

17 REPLIES 17

MRoll5
New Contributor II

Mine does the same, but it's usually when the drive is completely full of these TRIP files and you don't have enough free space on the drive to run the SSD Toolbox. It starts of running as usual, but once it hits 90% or so, Windows shuts it down. After running it a few more times it'll complete, and then it shows all the TRIM files gone.

wgood1
New Contributor

I have the exact same problem with Intel 535 240GB SSD (intel SSD Toolbox v 3.3.0 crashes at 90% every time when optimizing) I have a Intel 535 SSD, an Emachine Laptop e725, and am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. FYI, I am running in IDE mode because I can't change the bios settings to AHCI. I uninstalled my anti-virus program and it didn't make any difference. -Willy G

wgood1
New Contributor

I tried the above suggestion of uninstalling the (KB3035583) update and restarted, but it did not fix the problem for me; the SSD optimizer still crashes every time @ 90% .

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I thought my problem was solved when I removed that (KB3035583) update but the Optimizer problem is back after more Windows 7 updates.This time the Optimizer works but leaves the working files on the SSD drive untill I hit the Refresh button on the Optimzer UI, then those working files are deleted. I'm only assuming that the Optimizer actually worked. Who knows what's next? I do have an idea that Microsoft updates (if your using Windows 7) are at the root of the problem but can't prove it, wasted more time than I wish to on this problem! If the problem continues to exist I'll simply un-install the Intel SSD Toolbox and hope the problem is resolved.

jbenavides
Valued Contributor II

Hello jdlucasutahusa,

Checking further on the logs you provided, it seems your SSD is working in PCIe Gen1 x4, not Gen3:

Current PCIe Link Speed: 0x1

As per the https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/SABERTOOTH_X99/specifications/ Asus* SABERTOOTH X99 specification, your motherboard has some ports that are not PCIe Gen3. Please make sure that the SSD is connected to a PCIe Gen1 x4 slot.

Willyg, it is advised to make sure you are have updated BIOS in your system, and that you contact the http://www.intel.com/support/oems.htm Computer Manufacturer Support to obtain the most recent drivers for your chipset/storage controller.