cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

intel ssd toolbox crashes during Optimizer

zyuan2
New Contributor II

when i run the SSD optimizer, it would always crash at 90% on the green progress bar. it would then create all the intel_trim_files in C: drive and these files stay until i run intel SSD toolbox again which then the trim files all disappear.

i have gotten it to work sometimes, but i do not see any consistency.

intel 750 SSD PCI-E

intel SSD toolbox version 3.3.0

windows 7 ultimate 64 bit

have tried reinstalling SSD toolbox

windows disk clean up option did not work for me

17 REPLIES 17

MRoll5
New Contributor II

Mine is hooked into a PCIe Gen 3.0 x8 slot. I haven't seen these problems in a while, but it might be because I set the Intel SSD Optimizer to run the TRIM feature every 24 hours. Obviously, my drive would completely fill up to the point where the SSD Optimizer either wouldn't work, or it would crash around 80%. I discovered that if I manually deleted some of the TRIM files on the drive, it would free up enough room for the Optimizer to run through to 100%. I'm just wondering why the drive is filling up with these TRIM files so fast.

zyuan2
New Contributor II

so i figured out my problem. if i have firefox running while i try to use the optimizer, it will fail at 90%.

if i exit firefox before i use optimizer, it works.

i'm guessing some recent firefox updates set this off as i never had this issue before.

FKlei4
New Contributor II

Have you the latest update to the SSD tool box. I had the same problem under windows 7. I updated to 3.3.1 version and the files disappeared and the drive regained its unused space. Apparently there was a glitch in the 3.3.0 software?