cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

intel x25-m on a mac. maintanance tips?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi all! I recently bought an intel x25-m 80 gb drive for my mac mini. It is now a completely blazing fast machine!!! I really wanna maintain this speedy configuration and i have a set of small questions in order to achieve that.

• Is sleep mode on mac osx harming the ssd's lifespan?
  • is timemachine restore harmful for the disk? All these data wiping and re-writing, time machine performs, even if performed once a month can be considerably bad?
  • Is it true when disk gets full the response time decreases?
  • How long does it take for the drive start to become flow? What are the factors contributing to that?
  • I'm using a massive external drive where i keep all of my data. If i need to download stuff or perform -w actions, they all happen within the external. The intel x25-m essentially serves the purpose of reading data. Is this generally the best thing to do with an ssd?

Thanks

1 REPLY 1

MBall5
Contributor

Hello, I would like to tell you that since MAC* OS is based on a completely different architecture than Windows* based Operating Systems, this kind of specific questions would be better answered by Apple* directly

What we can tell you is that since MAC* OS does not support TRIM it is normal to see a decrease of performance but the exact rate will be different from system to system, still would be better to check with Apple* on this respect.