Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on Intel® Optane™ technology, Intel® MAS and Firmware Update Tool
432 Discussions

isdct show -intelssd returns No Results

GSelb
Beginner

Hi,

I'm trying to update the f/w on an Intel S4500 SSD. It's plugged in to a USB>SATA adapter on a laptop. Windows can see the drive and I can format it etc so I know the cable is good.

However, when I run "isdct show -intelssd" from an Administrator CMD prompt it returns no results.

Please advise.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Hi GSUK,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

If I understand you correctly, you can use the drive from Windows*, but when using the Intel® SSD DCT you cannot see it, right?

If this is the case, the root cause should be the USB adapter. The Intel® SSD DCT only recognizes the drives if they are directly attached to the interfaces like the SATA port or the PCIe slot. Using any kind of adapter like the one you have is not supported nor validated.

I recommend you to connect the drive directly to the SATA port instead of using the USB adapter to update the firmware.

I hope you find this information useful. If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi GSUK,

Thank you for posting in the Intel® communities.

If I understand you correctly, you can use the drive from Windows*, but when using the Intel® SSD DCT you cannot see it, right?

If this is the case, the root cause should be the USB adapter. The Intel® SSD DCT only recognizes the drives if they are directly attached to the interfaces like the SATA port or the PCIe slot. Using any kind of adapter like the one you have is not supported nor validated.

I recommend you to connect the drive directly to the SATA port instead of using the USB adapter to update the firmware.

I hope you find this information useful. If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Diego V.
0 Kudos
GSelb
Beginner

Hi Diego,

Thanks for confirming. I'll find a laptop with an eSATA port and try that.

Regards,

Glenn

0 Kudos