Intel® Optane™ Solid State Drives
Support for Issues Related to Solid State Drives based on Intel® Optane™ technology, Intel® MAS and Firmware Update Tool

optane 800p and future module

idata
Employee

in CES 2018 we saw 800p 118 GB m.2 optane SSD which will be available in a few months for consumers.

the sad part about this is A. capacity. B. only x2 lane not x4, lower sequential than regular flash SSD. C. single sided

imo because 800p is only single sided means very few in channels result in lower sequential performance. I understand many notebook can only take single sided SSD but if Intel can introduce enthusiast m.2 optane for double sided that will easily increase in both capacity AND sequential read/write performance. pricing is not a concern here and some higher end laptops CAN take double sided m.2 modules.

when can we expect to see a x4 lane optane m.2 module with good enough sequential of at least over 2400MB/s?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello olenbr,

Thank you for your interest in the Intel® SSD Optane™ 800p Series.

I understand your concern regarding the possibility of acquiring a drive that suits your needs, but currently I can't confirm nor deny that a drive with those specific characteristics will become available.

What I can do, is share your request with the corresponding team. We at Intel® take very seriously this kind of requests.

Have a nice day.

Regards,

Andres V.
0 Kudos
idata
Employee

yes please do share with them. otherwise we'd be forced to samsung.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hello olebr,

I already shared your request with the corresponding team, they will analyze the feasibility and come up with a conclusion.

This requests take time and there is not an estimate date for such decision. Please keep in mind that those decisions are not publicly announced.

Please keep checking the community to keep up to date with the latest announcements.

Regards,

Andres V.
0 Kudos