cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

p3600 on ASUS P9D WS Motherboard.

CBrac2
New Contributor

Hi, I'm trying to install p3600 on ASUS P9D WS Motherboard. The device fits into a PCIe slot just fine and during motherboard startup, I can see the LED's on the SSD flash yellow (for activity) and then green for health. However, shortly thereafter the motherboard basically resets. Without the P3600 inserted, the computer starts up just fine. Any ideas? Do I need an updated bios on the motherboard? Thanks!

15 REPLIES 15

CChon3
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Since G.P. Diagnosis Card is bundled with the motherboard, plug that card in and check what is the last Diagnostics Code before the motherboard goes into a reboot loop (or the entire Code sequence).

As long as the motherboard is UEFI 2.3.1 compliant, the SSD is bootable (no need for motherboard NVMe support since the P3x00 SSD series comes with a UEFI option ROM in the card itself).

CBrac2
New Contributor

Hi, ClementChong, thanks for joining in. Yes, I did try that as well. The resulting code wasn't listed in the user manual book.

BTW, I'm not interested in booting from this SSD -- I'll be using it as a data drive. I have another SSD (over SATA) that is my boot drive. Does this fact change anything?

CChon3
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Please provide me the entire Code sequence, let me try to see whether I can find out anything for you (since the Q-Code should be uniform across all modern ASUS boards).

Since you are using it only as a data drive, then there is no additional motherboard BIOS requirement.

jbenavides
Valued Contributor II

Here are some actions that may help you resolve the issue, or at least discard some possibilities:

- Check with Asus to confirm compatibility of your motherboard with the Intel® SSD P3600 series (PCIe NVMe drives).

- Confirm that the SSD is connected to a PCIe * Gen3 X4 slot. Since your motherboard also also has a Gen 2 slot.

- Some motherboards are not designed to work with PCIe NVMe drives when using certain RAM configurations. You might want to try using a single memory stick, using a different memory slot or a different memory configuration.

For your reference, I am adding the following link to the Asus website. In this forum, a user described his issue and what he did to resolve it:

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?52558-Resolved-ROG-Users-careful-about-new-Intel-P3700-NVM... https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?52558-Resolved-ROG-Users-careful-about-new-Intel-P3700-NVM...

*NOTE: This link is offered for your convenience and should not be viewed as an endorsement by Intel of the content, products, or services offered there.

CBrac2
New Contributor

Hi, the last emitted codes are: 5C, 03, FF