cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

pcie nvme drive is set readonly/write protected. i've been using the drive six months to a year and now i can't even format the drive. no changes have been made in the past 3 months (Shy windows 10 updates)

ericc
New Contributor

disk partition shows as:

Current Read-only State : Yes

Read-only : No

Boot Disk : No

Pagefile Disk : No

Hibernation File Disk : No

Crashdump Disk : No

Clustered Disk : No

admin supposedly has read/write according to windows (so running something as admin; i still get write protection can't save files to the disk)

i've tried setting permissions; and using diskpart to clear the read only flag. Then I tried copying the files off to another drive and formatting (Couldn't get the files to copy.)

Then I tried formatting (can't- disk is write protected.)

not sure what to try next. any suggestions?

23 REPLIES 23

ericc
New Contributor

i would but you guys have bankers hours

i work 6-6 and am not usually home until well after 8.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

willr,

We are going to do our best to assist you, could you please check your private messages?Best regards,Aleki

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

willr,

Thank you for the information provided. We have created a service ticket for you. Please take a look at your email inbox and your private messages here and confirm if you have received an email from us. This situation will now be treated via the service ticket that has been created on your behalf.Best regards,Aleki

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

willr,

We have received confirmation the an RMA has been processed on your behalf for your SSD. We would like to ask you if there is anything else we can do to assist you.Best regards,Aleki

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello willr,

Your RMA has been confirmed, please check your private message.Best regards,Aleki