cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Intel SSD Toolbox has stopped working" with Intel 730 240GB SSD

AC6
New Contributor

I am running a Samsung 850 Evo 1TB and an Intel 730 SSD 240GB on an Apricorn Velocity Duo PCIe card on a Dell Precision T7810 workstation running Windows 10 64-bit. The Samsung 850 Evo is set up as the C drive and the Samsung Magician software is able to manage this drive just fine. I just installed the Intel 730 drive as an additional drive. I have not set up any partitions on this drive yet. I intend to use the 730 for paging/swap partitions for a few VMware Workstation 12 Pro virtual machines.

I installed the latest Intel SSD Toolbox (version 3.3.4). However, when I launch the toolbox, it always presents the message "Intel SSD Toolbox has stopped working." My Windows OS is up to date. There are no pending updates. I am using Norton Antivirus (Norton Security with Backup) if that matters.

I am unable to run the Intel SSD Toolbox. Please help!

14 REPLIES 14

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

ACDC,

Could you please check your private message?

AC6
New Contributor

nestor_intel,

I responded to your private message last week but haven't heard back from you. Please respond to my PM. Regards.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

ACDC,

We apologize for the delay, we have responded your private message.

AC6
New Contributor

Nestor_Intel,

No problem. I installed and tested v3.3.3 of the Intel SSD Toolbox and now I have a different problem. On Quick diagnostic scan and full diagnostic scan screens, I see the message "The Intel SSD Toolbox cannot communicate with the selected Intel SSD. Consider changing to another storage driver compatible with your system and try the tool again."

Please see my private message for further details

Regards

AC6
New Contributor

Hi Nestor_Intel,

I just noticed that Intel released version 3.3.5 of the SSD Toolbox. I tried this version and now I'm back to square one. I have identical results as with version 3.3.4 (Message on Toolbox startups stating "Intel SSD Toolbox has stopped working.") With the earlier version - v3.3.3, I was able to launch the SSD Toolbox but it couldn't communicate with the SSD. With 3.3.4 and 3.3.5, I can't launch the Toolbox successfully. As you suggested in a private message, I've already checked that none of the IRST drivers are loaded. Any other ideas?

Regards