cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

" Intel has a task team in place " Why don't they join us?

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

It's been a week since the problems began and basically no word from Intel. This is really a lame response to a major problem.

Why doesn't someone from the "task team", who are supposedly working on this issue, join this forum? Start a thread, let us know what's going on and, most importantly, seek some feedback. There are alot of smart folks on this forum, and maybe if you let us know whats going on and ask some questions, you might get some helpful answers.

Or, are you just too big and important that it would be too low for you to stoop?

35 REPLIES 35

PCoup1
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

What a load of waffle.

After all is said and done, it would not take much for someone from whichever department is appropriate to do a bit of PR on their own forum.

We don't doubt for one minute that Intel aren't working on this full throttle but giving people a bit of reassurance or even an indication, if known of time scales involved would be a wise move.

Being cold shouldered by a generic statement just leaves the rumor mill to take over and in the long run, as we've seen here, starts to get peoples backs up.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Personally I do not really care about detailed discussons, progress reports or anything but one simple question:

Should I RMA my SSD, which takes like 8-10 weeks, or will it be fixed by another firmware/tool? 8-10 weeks is a very long time.

And that piece of information should get released as soon as possible, I guess that is what most people really want to know about, furthermore I do not see any damage Intel could recieve by doing this.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

tfield98 wrote:

Undoubtedly there's a lot of internal organizational pressure on the Intel SSD team to fix this problem. And, undoubtedly the team is qualified for the task at hand.

I sure hope so, and trust it is so, but we don't have any evidence of it, do we? On the contrary, if you are a tad cinical, the utter silence and long time this is taking would make you think that they are not giving it high priority.

tfield98 wrote:

Given those two facts, I think it's safe to assume that the Intel engineers are working hard to fix the problem. In fact, given the wide-spread nature, visibility & severity of this problem, I bet that there's a lot of extra hours into the late night being put in.)

Since we don't have any evidence, I would certainly not call them facts!

tfield98 wrote:

As much as we all are anxious to hear the status of their work, it's generally not considered good business practice (for a variety of reasons, mostly valid!) for engineering groups to post progress reports and detailed discussions.

I fully disagree with you there! It is generally not good business practice to ignore requests for information from your customers or to communicate without being exact. If you are afraid your engineering groups would communicate something they shouldn't, run it by your PR department first, but don't hold the info back!

idata
Esteemed Contributor III
Undoubtedly there's a lot of internal organizational pressure on the Intel SSD team to fix this problem. And, undoubtedly the team is qualified for the task at hand.

If it is the same team as the one that was responsible for the firmware update, then I wouldn't be so sure.

As much as we all are anxious to hear the status of their work, it's generally not considered good business practice (for a variety of reasons, mostly valid!) for engineering groups to post progress reports and detailed discussions

I don't need or expect to know what the value of a certain memory register was. However, some general information, such as: Have you narrowed it down to a particular operating system? or, "We're looking at the time of day in combo with the alignment of the planets", etc.

But, saying nothing for over a week is just bad business.

By the way, there are quite a few manufacturers that monitor and reply to the user comments and ratings about their products, on Newegg.com. I kinda like that.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I just thought I'd throw this in here. My drive was bricked, I phoned the support number and was speaking to a live person within 5 minutes, and paid $25 to have a drive cross-shipped air mail, which arrived 2 days after the phone call. Still the old firmware, and I'm still waiting to hear what is going to happen with a new firmware, but I have a brand new drive running and it only cost $25. I don't know about this 8-10 week RMA...