Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"The Intel SSD Toolbox cannot communicate with the selected Intel SSD"

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi!

When I try to use the Intel SSD Optimizer I get the following message:

"The Intel SSD Toolbox cannot communicate with the selected Intel SSD.  

Consider changing to another storage driver compatible with your system and try the tool again."

I'm using: Intel SSD 320 Series 80gb, and I have the latest firmware installed according to the Toolbox.

Anyone knows if I really do have the wrong drivers, and if so, where do I get proper drivers?

14 REPLIES 14

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I filled out a support request and the response was the sound of chirping crickets.

At this point, I'd be happy with the native MS AHCI driver. The marvel driver keeps reinstalling itself even though I delete the Marvell driver files.

Really dissapointed in Intel. I'll be skipping switching my next MB to Intel.

The only thing we can do is warn others behind us in places like Newegg and Amazon. It might help them buy another brand.

It seems we are on our own to figure this out.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Yes, you are probably correct. The techies at Asus are working on it, but I just don't know what's up without Intel fixing this. I would have thought that someone would have installed the toolbox and seen the issue before all the new hardware was out. ??? I would be happy with the native driver too, but my esata ports won't work. I guess I hear those crickets.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I had the same problems with the toolbox and couldn't update the firmware also. I followed the advice and replaced the storage controller driver for the standard windows drivers (open device manager as administrator and search manually for the driver, it shows up in an options field). Afterwards the ssd was recognised by the toolbox optimizer.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

Yes, that's my solution too. Found out also that my esata ports are controlled by a different controller, Asmedia, on my motherboard. Different driver was needed. So I'm at the same point too using the native windows AHCI driver from 2006. Thanks.

idata
Esteemed Contributor III

I am using the P9X79 Extreme board along with Intel 320 - 160gb SSD. My Intel Toolbox also cannot communicate with it. Using the C600 Sata AHCI Driver as well. Has there been any resolution for using this driver?

How do I go back to the native MS driver? I tried deleting the C600 driver from my device manager. On my next boot up, it just reinstalled it again.