Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

ssd not working

This is the second time my OS (windows) would not load. It seems the ssd justs stops working after bios handoff. An hour later it loads windows as normal.

I actually installed windows on backup HD to check my other hardware was fine.

Any ideas?

6 Replies
idata
Community Manager

Does the Windows begin to boot? Can you hit F8 and get to the Windows boot menu?

What controller are you running the SSD on?

idata
Community Manager

I tapped both F5 & F8, since I forgot which one. The boot menu came up, do I guess I tapped F5 first. I think Windows had started to load, based on my previous experience of screen. I am using RST 9.6.0.1024. This has happened twice. The first time was months ago. I turn my computer on in the morning and turn it off at night without 'sleep.' If it happens again I will remember to tap F8. I have an X25-M 80GB SSD with 20GB of unallocated space. As I said I installed Windows7 X64 on a backup SATA HD with no problems.

Thanks

idata
Community Manager

Is this issue sporadic? Those are the worst to debug....

Are you overclocking anything?

idata
Community Manager

I have a very mild 12% OC on my Q9400. I have had this on my previous SATA HD also.

idata
Community Manager

Would you mind setting everything back to stock? Maybe bump the voltage on the Southbridge by one notch. I am curious if it is a storage controller instability issue.

idata
Community Manager

Thanks for the suggestion. I just updated to RST 10.1.0.1008.