cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ssd toolbox optimizer

sboud
New Contributor II

I'm told that Windows 7 handles the trim functionality. does that mean that I do not have to run the optimizer to delete the files marked for deletion?

Does the optimizer read a list that windows 7 has compiled to instruct the system which ones to delete?

I'm curious what part does windows 7 play in the trim functionality of the Intel Solid state drive toolbox.

is it "either-or", meaning use windows 7 to handle the trim functionality fully (listing, deleting) or use the SSD toolbox optimizer to handle this feature FULLY.

or is it a combination effort between windows 7 and the SSD toolbox optimizer?

11 REPLIES 11

sboud
New Contributor II

Hey sir.

One more time.

I was just reading further regarding trim on this site and came across some conversation about "msahci".

Should I also check to see if I have the proper drivers for all this? whew!!

Is there anything I can send you to determine if I am set for success?!? Off the record of course.. hah ah ah

sboud
New Contributor II

Hey there Johathan.

Long time. If I may further pester you regarding my SSD.

below is info from my SSD toolbox.

From what I have read regarding SSD's defrag is no longer necessary.

even my toolbox has a note under system tuner that reads:

when it notes not to run the defrag MANUALLY......is this because the system itself may use defrag itself? Just not initiated manually?

I bring this up because I noticed our IT folks have a maintenance routine that kicks up automatically every wednesday. I also noted that DEFRAG is part of this routine.

whats your take this sir?