cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

the field, DeviceStatus of P3520 is blank with SSD Data Center Tool

PLenl
New Contributor II

see atached - not sure if it need a firmware update or if something is wrong with the ssd.

26 REPLIES 26

Do you know if the server needs to reboot after the firmware update? and do you have any bad experice in some cases with this update?

PLenl
New Contributor II

@Esteban_Intel​  I have send you a message.

Esteban_C_Intel
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hello PLenl,

Thank you for the extra data provided.

Whenever there is a change on the system like a firmware update, it is recommended to reboot the system so it can recognize the change.

I have not received reports of this firmware update not working on a regular basis.

Now, I was not able to find if you indicated if the SSD was in a RAID array or not, because that can certainly affect.

If the answer is yes (the SSD is in a RAID array) it would be required to remove it from the array to perform the firmware update.

Please let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Esteban C

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

Esteban_C_Intel
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hello PLenl,

This is a friendly reminder of the last update done to your thread two days ago wondering if the drive was in a RAID array or not.

Regards,

Esteban C

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

PLenl
New Contributor II

@Esteban_Intel​ Hi i wrote a message to you with the answer, you dident recieve that? - well its not in a RAID array, the server has been rebooted, and with the driver you recomended it was not possible to perform the firmware update. It´s an windows core version OS, could that be the problem perhaps? What can we do from here?