Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PLenl
Novice

the field, DeviceStatus of P3520 is blank with SSD Data Center Tool

see atached - not sure if it need a firmware update or if something is wrong with the ssd.

0 Kudos
26 Replies
Esteban_C_Intel1
Employee

PLenl, 

Thank you for contacting the Intel Technical Support Team. 

As per the information provided, it looks like this is a OEM drive, meaning it came with your machine and it could have custom made firmware. I think it is like that because of the firmware version noted on the screenshot: MDV10253 that version is not shown on the revision history for the Intel® Solid State Drive DC P3520 Series.

In order to verify this situation, please provide the ISN or serial number from the physical drive, if you notice, the one on the screenshot is 0000_00000....that is something else that says it could be an OEM drive. 

If you do not feel comfortable sharing the serial number here, you can send a private message to me with it. 

The revision history can be found on the release notes for the Intel® SSD Data Center Tool (Intel® SSD DCT), section Intel® Solid State Drive DC P3520 Series Revision History:

https://downloadmirror.intel.com/28999/eng/Intel_SSD_Data_Center_Tool_3_0_20_Release_Notes-330715-03...

Esteban_C_Intel1
Employee

PLenl,

This is to verify if you were able to check my last answer from 9/11/2019 which had some recommendations and information to be provided.

Esteban C

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

PLenl
Novice

Thanks Estaban,

We will provide you the sn number asap – giv me 2-3 days, please – thanks.

Esteban_C_Intel1
Employee

Thank you for the update, PLenl.

I will check back with you in a couple of days.

Notice your email is on the last answer sent to us, you may want to edit your answer.

Esteban C

PLenl
Novice

Just send you a message ;-)

Esteban_C_Intel1
Employee

I just checked the message, PLenl.

You can see where to find the ISN or serial number on the SSD here: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000025532/memory-and-storage.html

That is to confirm the unit belongs to an OEM, have you contacted them asking for the firmware update?

Also, are you looking for the firmware update because of a specific reason?

Esteban C

PLenl
Novice

I will take a picture on the card/ssd and return to you and yes, the reason is that we would like to chk the healthstatus of the ssd/monitoring.

Esteban_C_Intel1
Employee

PLenl,

If our generic tool is not working to give you that information, it means the drive if from an OEM as it was mentioned before, so maybe you can try to look for the Intel(R) SSD DC Toolbox from the OEM of your motherboard or server and test it out. Or use third party tools.

I will be waiting for the pictures to confirm the OEM origin of the drive in question.

PLenl
Novice

just sent you a message. regards Peter

Esteban_C_Intel1
Employee

Thank you for the data provided, PLenl.

Everything seems to be fine, not an OEM drive.

Please use the following command to attempt to update the firmware on the drive:

isdct.exe load -intelssd 2

It has to be done with admin rights on the command prompt. The drive cannot be on a RAID array

This is the tool you should have installed in order to do that command: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28999/Intel-SSD-Data-Center-Tool-Intel-SSD-DCT-?product=87...

Please let me know if you are able to update it and the version that it is updated to.

Esteban_C_Intel1
Employee

Hello, PLenl.

This is to verify if you were able to proceed with the firmware update with my last recommendations.

Regards,

Esteban C

Esteban_C_Intel1
Employee

PLenl,

I was checking your post and wondered if you had the chance to perform the firmware update and how it went.

Hope I can hear from you soon.

Regards,

Esteban C

PLenl
Novice

@Esteban_Intel​ thanks, we are planing to do the firmware opdate at the moment - i think i will need a weekend to see if it worked. Ill get back to you. KR Peter

Esteban_C_Intel1
Employee

Thank you for the answer, PLenl

I will keep an eye on this matter and check back with you in a week (10/7/2019)

PLenl
Novice

Do you know if the server needs to reboot after the firmware update? and do you have any bad experice in some cases with this update?

PLenl
Novice

@Esteban_Intel​  I have send you a message.

Esteban_C_Intel1
Employee

Hello PLenl,

Thank you for the extra data provided.

Whenever there is a change on the system like a firmware update, it is recommended to reboot the system so it can recognize the change.

I have not received reports of this firmware update not working on a regular basis.

Now, I was not able to find if you indicated if the SSD was in a RAID array or not, because that can certainly affect.

If the answer is yes (the SSD is in a RAID array) it would be required to remove it from the array to perform the firmware update.

Please let me know how it goes.

Regards,

Esteban C

Esteban_C_Intel1
Employee

Hello PLenl,

This is a friendly reminder of the last update done to your thread two days ago wondering if the drive was in a RAID array or not.

Regards,

Esteban C

PLenl
Novice

@Esteban_Intel​ Hi i wrote a message to you with the answer, you dident recieve that? - well its not in a RAID array, the server has been rebooted, and with the driver you recomended it was not possible to perform the firmware update. It´s an windows core version OS, could that be the problem perhaps? What can we do from here?

Esteban_C_Intel1
Employee

PLenl,

Looks like I did not receive that update as it is not present on the thread or private messages, but that is totally fine.

You will be contacted by our technical department with the next steps.

Regards,

Esteban C